Sunday, May 18, 2008
Unseasonably Hot
It has been extremely hot here in Oregon the past few days. It made me think of last July when we took a day trip to the coast to Cannon beach. It was so pretty! I would have really enjoyed spending the weekend at the beach or maybe even the cabin.
There was a pool of water in the middle of the beach (probably left from high tide) and people were going crazy over it-jumping in it, running around. I am unsure at this point if the ocean is really swimmable on this beach, the tide is pretty strong and people have been swept away. Actually the day we were there, someone did get carried out to sea trying to save another person in the water. For now, I will enjoy the ocean from land.
Haystack rock. This rock is a bird sanctuary for many kinds of birds. My camera didn't capture them, but they were flying around everywhere and you could hear them calling. Pretty neat.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment